Here at Bamboo Fundraising, we’re big fans of the recent changes to data protection law and believe that it’s only right that you should know exactly what sort of information we hold about you and how we process it.
The Data We Collect
- The personal details we collect from you include your name, telephone number, email address and CV.
- In instances where you provide sensitive data within your CV, anything revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, we will store it on our secure systems, but it will not be processed for any purpose.
- We may request some sensitive personal data from you, such as criminal convictions, where it is pertinent to the role you are applying for.
- Will store email communications we have with you.
- We will store information regarding visas, CRB, proof of your identity, payroll data and any other documents necessary for working in the UK, if you undertake temporary work on behalf of Bamboo Fundraising.
- We will store information regarding temporary work carried out on behalf of Bamboo Fundraising for a minimum of 6 years. This is required for tax assessment purposes.
Where We Collect Data From
- Any information you provide to us in writing (email, social media, or post), or divulge to us on the phone, will be stored with the express purpose of better matching you with relevant jobs.
- We collect information through job applications you make through us, via job advertising platforms and our own website.
- We may also process information we find on social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to improve our chances of finding you a suitable role, depending on your privacy settings and/or interaction with us. It is in Bamboo Fundraising’s legitimate business interests to process personal data we find on social media.
- We may share information between companies in our group, including but not limited to “Altroo.jobs”
- We collect information from our third party service providers and publicly available websites to which you are registered or subscribed.
What We Do With Your Data
- This information is held, used and disclosed by us to provide our services for you. This includes enabling you to submit your CV for general applications, submitting your CV for specific jobs or to subscribe to email job alerts.
- We will also match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs. We will always contact you before we send your CV and any other information to potential recruiters. We will not send your CV or other details to potential recruiters without your permission. We do not send your information to any other third party and will not in any circumstances without your prior consent.
- It is in Bamboo Fundraising’s legitimate business interests to keep your details for up to 3 years if you have registered with us. We believe that it is in your interests too. If we have not found anything for you after 3 years we will contact you again and ask you if you would like Bamboo Fundraising to retain your details to find future vacancies. If you do not reply, we will delete your details. If we cannot help you, we will inform you why we cannot help you and will immediately delete your details.
Control Your Data
Ensuring Responsible Data Management
- The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security and the law.
- The Bamboo Fundraising website may contain various links to other sites. These sites have their own policies and practices with respect to online privacy, and Bamboo Fundraising cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites.
- I The Data Controller is Bamboo Fundraising. Our registration number in the Data Protection Register is ZA348283. The Data Protection Officer is Tim Barnes.